Deposit & Payment Policy
- Deposit Fee: We don't believe in putting half down for a dog you may have never seen. We believe in a more common-sense approach, and as such, the deposit fee for all puppies is $500.00, exclusive of any payment processing fees.
- Puppy Preferences & Pick Order: Pick order in all litters is determined by deposit order, and all picks come subsequent to breeder's pick of litter if breeder so elects. You will indicate a preference for color and gender on your application, but please realize your preference may not be available (it is highly unlikely we'll have 10 red female puppies). Deposits indicate your intent and commitment to provide a home to one of our puppies, and if your preferred color and gender is not available, you may pick from the remainder of the litter or choose to forfeit your deposit. Deposits are not carried forward to future litters.
- Puppy Selection: Puppies will be assigned in deposit order by the first or second preference of the depositor as indicated on the application. If neither of your choices are available, you may elect another available puppy from the litter. We ask that you make a choice within 24 hours of notification since there may be other families waiting for a chance to choose. Should you elect to not take a puppy from the litter, the deposit is forfeited and the deposit applied to the costs of the deposit applied to finding the puppy another home. It is not forwarded to an upcoming litter as we do not have regular litters. You should review both the deposit policies and pick of litter policies on our website for any updates.
- When a Deposit is Refundable: Again, because deposits indicate your intent and commitment to provide a home to one of our puppies, deposits are only refundable in the case your puppy becomes unavailable due to health reasons prior to the date of sale. Otherwise, the deposit is non-refundable. As such, please carefully consider your decision prior to making a payment. The deposit amount will be used toward puppy care and advertising expenses. The cost of raising puppies is substantial, and often older puppies may have an extended stay with our family.
- Payment Methods: We accept cash or credit card (via PayPal or Square). Buyer is responsible for the processing fee. Your litter deposit is not final until you receive a receipt from us. State and local sales tax are not included in the purchase price unless otherwise stated; current tax rate is 8.375%.
- Time for Payment: Deposits are accepted until the puppies are 6 weeks old or the entire litter is reserved, whichever is sooner. After six (6) weeks of age, the entire amount of the puppy is due. The entire deposit and payment and contract process must be complete before the puppy will be released. If your puppy is shipped, you will need to make arrangements to return the signed documentation and payments before the puppy will be taken to the airport. Failure to provide signed paperwork prior to flight booking will result in a cancelled flight and buyer will be responsible for cancellation fees and re-booking fees.
- Completing the Sale: In order to complete the purchase, full payment must be made and you must fully execute our sales contract, which outlines our mutual rights and obligations. We reserve the right to change contract terms up until the time a contract is executed. Puppies will not be placed without contractual agreement. All puppies are sold as pets unless otherwise specified in writing.